Dr. Alan Cranton, DC
"We help people to get well and stay well!"
We offer complete, thorough consultation and exams for all our patients. We offer excellence in chiropractic care (33 years), laser therapy and ChiroThin weight loss management. We also use and sell high quality supplements, orthotics and perform needle and laser acupuncture.
Thunder Bay Wellness Centre
701 Memorial Ave, Suite 3
Thunder Bay, ON
Report an issue with this profile
Preferred ChiropractorAuthorized by Chiropractors.ca
- Acupuncture is an ancient treatment which is rooted in the practice of Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM). Historical records indicate that acupuncture has been an integral part of the Chinese medical system for two to three thousand years. Over the past few decades acupuncture has been spread widely and its popularity has exploded. Presently many disciplines of acupuncture exist including trigger point release, dry needling, medical acupuncture, Japanese acupuncture and more.
- Joint Mobilization
- Joint mobilization is a manual therapy which involves creating passive movement in a specific joint without the patient’s assistance. Your chiropractor may isolate your affected joint and move it through a specific range of motion in order to loosen any restrictions on it and to increase blood flow to the joint. These movements are typically gentle but can have a profound effect on the joint.
- Manual Adjustment/Manipulation
- Chiropractors perform joint adjustments, also known as manipulations, in order to realign vertebrae and most other bones in the body. Chiropractors are experts in assessing and treating musculoskeletal conditions and the adjustment is one of their main tools for accurately correcting bony or joint misalignment. A chiropractic adjustment consists of a high velocity, low amplitude thrust which gently corrects the misalignment of the joint.
- Nutritional Counselling
- Proper nutrition is an essential component of complete health and for this reason your chiropractor may ask you to modify aspects of your diet. If your chiropractor concludes that your diet is not in balance they may make recommendations regarding avoiding certain foods and eating more of other specific foods in order to optimize your nutrition.
- Nutritional Supplements
- Based on their assessment of your overall health, your chiropractor may determine that you could be helped by taking a specific nutritional supplement. This supplement may be a vitamin, mineral, medical food, herb or even a combination of these ingredients. Your chiropractor will want to know which medications you are taking in order to avoid any possible interactions.
- Orthotics is a discipline of medicine which focuses on designing and prescribing a medical device which is used to improve a person’s posture and movement. The most common form of orthotics used by chiropractors is in the form of custom shoe inserts (or custom shoes) which are designed based on patient’s individual bio-mechanics. These orthotics help to correct gait imbalances and improve overall body ergonomics.
- Rehabilitative Exercise
- While many treatments exist for painful conditions, few are as pivotal to a person’s recovery as rehabilitative exercise. While your chiropractor will provide you with necessary treatments in their office, they will also likely recommend specific exercises aimed at aiding recovery and preventing reoccurrence. These exercises aim to strengthen the affected area, as well as strengthening supporting musculature, in order to optimize your recovery.
- Soft Tissue Mobilization
- Chiropractors have extensive training in soft tissue manipulation and mobilization. Your chiropractor will likely perform some soft tissue work on you if you are suffering with a painful condition or joint restriction.
- X-Ray Services
- Your chiropractor may utilize x-ray imaging in order to fully assess the health and alignment of your joints. With an x-ray image your chiropractor can gain further insight into which joints in your body are in proper alignment and which are aligned improperly.