Dr. Christen Schutt, DC
"Get a fresh new start on your health!"
Located downtown, Modern Health Chiropractic & Wellness is your family's one stop shop to help you achieve all of your wellness goals, naturally.
At MHCW we offer a more holistic, lifestyle based, approach to your care. Utilizing many chiropractic techniques and our CLA neurological scan technology, we offer modern, individualized care for every patient.
We also offer the following services in our wellness clinic:
- Registered Massage Therapy
- Naturopathic Medicine
Modern Health Chiropractic & Wellness
12 King St., Suite 3
St. Catharines, ON
Report an issue with this profile
Areas of Focus
Preferred ChiropractorAuthorized by Chiropractors.ca
- The activator is a small, spring-loaded device which your chiropractor may use to assist him/her in performing adjustments. The activator helps your chiropractor to perform very specific adjustments with minimal force. While not all chiropractors use an activator device, it is one of the most used tools for assisting effective adjustment in the chiropractic profession.
- Ergonomics is the science of fitting a job or task to the individual rather than expecting the individual to conform to whatever the task may demand. In an office setting this can be seen as adjusting the heights and angles of chairs, electronic devices and other reading and writing materials. Healthy ergonomics goes a long way to prevent work-related repetitive stress injuries and ideally would be applied to workplaces in every field to optimize injury prevention.
- Joint Mobilization
- Joint mobilization is a manual therapy which involves creating passive movement in a specific joint without the patient’s assistance. Your chiropractor may isolate your affected joint and move it through a specific range of motion in order to loosen any restrictions on it and to increase blood flow to the joint. These movements are typically gentle but can have a profound effect on the joint.
- Kinesiology taping
- Kinesiology taping is a rehabilitative treatment technique which involves the application of a supportive but flexible tape in order to stimulate the somatosensory system and encourage healing. Kinesiology taping acts to lift the skin and create space for the muscle, fascia, ligaments and tendons to receive the circulation which they require to repair and heal.
- Manual Adjustment/Manipulation
- Chiropractors perform joint adjustments, also known as manipulations, in order to realign vertebrae and most other bones in the body. Chiropractors are experts in assessing and treating musculoskeletal conditions and the adjustment is one of their main tools for accurately correcting bony or joint misalignment. A chiropractic adjustment consists of a high velocity, low amplitude thrust which gently corrects the misalignment of the joint.
- Nutritional Counselling
- Proper nutrition is an essential component of complete health and for this reason your chiropractor may ask you to modify aspects of your diet. If your chiropractor concludes that your diet is not in balance they may make recommendations regarding avoiding certain foods and eating more of other specific foods in order to optimize your nutrition.
- Nutritional Supplements
- Based on their assessment of your overall health, your chiropractor may determine that you could be helped by taking a specific nutritional supplement. This supplement may be a vitamin, mineral, medical food, herb or even a combination of these ingredients. Your chiropractor will want to know which medications you are taking in order to avoid any possible interactions.
- Orthotics is a discipline of medicine which focuses on designing and prescribing a medical device which is used to improve a person’s posture and movement. The most common form of orthotics used by chiropractors is in the form of custom shoe inserts (or custom shoes) which are designed based on patient’s individual bio-mechanics. These orthotics help to correct gait imbalances and improve overall body ergonomics.