Dr. Mark Blau, DC
"We don't just treat the symptoms but treat the cause"
Dr Blau has been practicing Chiropractic for 40 years. The Kennedy Sheppard Chiropractic Centre is a multidisciplinary clinic, able to offer the services of chiropractic, physiotherapy, massage therapy and acupuncture as the need requires. We give a thorough examination and explain fully what the problem is and how to fix it. We care about our patients and take the time to provide the best care possible. We are committed to helping you get better as quickly as possible.
Kennedy Sheppard Chiropractic Centre
100 Cowdray Court, Suite 300
Report an issue with this profile
Areas of Focus
- The activator is a small, spring-loaded device which your chiropractor may use to assist him/her in performing adjustments. The activator helps your chiropractor to perform very specific adjustments with minimal force. While not all chiropractors use an activator device, it is one of the most used tools for assisting effective adjustment in the chiropractic profession.
- Active Release
- Active release is a patented form of soft tissue treatment which was originated by Dr. P. Michael Leahy DC. This treatment treats muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia and nerves through a gentle but specific hands-on manipulation of these tissues. Through restoring free movement of the tissue, active release restores order and balance to the body and helps to eliminate pain.
- Orthotics is a discipline of medicine which focuses on designing and prescribing a medical device which is used to improve a person’s posture and movement. The most common form of orthotics used by chiropractors is in the form of custom shoe inserts (or custom shoes) which are designed based on patient’s individual bio-mechanics. These orthotics help to correct gait imbalances and improve overall body ergonomics.
- Rehabilitative Exercise
- While many treatments exist for painful conditions, few are as pivotal to a person’s recovery as rehabilitative exercise. While your chiropractor will provide you with necessary treatments in their office, they will also likely recommend specific exercises aimed at aiding recovery and preventing reoccurrence. These exercises aim to strengthen the affected area, as well as strengthening supporting musculature, in order to optimize your recovery.
- Soft Tissue Mobilization
- Chiropractors have extensive training in soft tissue manipulation and mobilization. Your chiropractor will likely perform some soft tissue work on you if you are suffering with a painful condition or joint restriction.
- Traction is a treatment which involves gentle manual tension of a specific joint in order to temporarily create space in the joint. This tension relaxes the joint if it is overly rigid and will have the added benefit of easing the surrounding musculature and increasing blood flow to the region.
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS)
- Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) is a treatment which uses a low intensity electrical impulse in order to stimulate a certain nerve or group of nerves. The stimulation which TENS provides is an effective means of loosening tight muscles, increasing blood flow to an area and encouraging healthy lymphatic flow. Your chiropractor may use TENS to treat a broad range of conditions as it is a versatile treatment which can help many painful conditions.
- Although ultrasound is used as an imaging tool to visualize tissues within the body, it is also used for many other medical applications, including treating painful conditions. Ultrasound may be used by your chiropractor to speed recovery of an injury such as tennis elbow or plantar fasciitis, among many others. The result of ultrasound therapy is increased blood flow and reduced restrictions at the site of treatment, leading to improved recovery time.