Dr. Ida Aghigh, DC
"The Clinic You've Been Looking For"
Movability is a boutique Wellness & Sport Sciences Clinic in Richmond Hill specializing in Chiropractic, Physiotherapy, Registered Massage Therapy and Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy. Our elite team of therapists are highly trained professionals able to tailor a treatment plan to fit your needs and lifestyle.
Movability Wellness & Sport Sciences
2 Hunters Point Drive, Suite 2
Richmond Hill, ON
English, French, Farsi
Report an issue with this profile
Areas of Focus
Preferred ChiropractorAuthorized by Chiropractors.ca
- Active Release
- Active release is a patented form of soft tissue treatment which was originated by Dr. P. Michael Leahy DC. This treatment treats muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia and nerves through a gentle but specific hands-on manipulation of these tissues. Through restoring free movement of the tissue, active release restores order and balance to the body and helps to eliminate pain.
- Acupuncture is an ancient treatment which is rooted in the practice of Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM). Historical records indicate that acupuncture has been an integral part of the Chinese medical system for two to three thousand years. Over the past few decades acupuncture has been spread widely and its popularity has exploded. Presently many disciplines of acupuncture exist including trigger point release, dry needling, medical acupuncture, Japanese acupuncture and more.
- Ergonomics is the science of fitting a job or task to the individual rather than expecting the individual to conform to whatever the task may demand. In an office setting this can be seen as adjusting the heights and angles of chairs, electronic devices and other reading and writing materials. Healthy ergonomics goes a long way to prevent work-related repetitive stress injuries and ideally would be applied to workplaces in every field to optimize injury prevention.
- Graston Technique
- The Graston technique is a physical medicine treatment which involves soft-tissue mobilization with the assistance of an instrument. Chiropractors offering Graston technique will perform a series of stripping and rubbing motions in the region of the affected area with a tool (or series of tools) designed to help manipulate the affected tissue. The goals of the Graston technique are to release scar tissue, relax restrictions and to encourage healing in general.
- Interferential Current (IFC)
- Interferential current (IFC) is a treatment which involves application of low frequency electrical pulses to the region of an injury or pain with the goal of reducing pain and encouraging healing. IFC acts to quickly lessen pain, decrease swelling and decrease inflammation by interrupting pain messages which are transmitted through the nerves.
- Joint Mobilization
- Joint mobilization is a manual therapy which involves creating passive movement in a specific joint without the patient’s assistance. Your chiropractor may isolate your affected joint and move it through a specific range of motion in order to loosen any restrictions on it and to increase blood flow to the joint. These movements are typically gentle but can have a profound effect on the joint.
- Kinesiology taping
- Kinesiology taping is a rehabilitative treatment technique which involves the application of a supportive but flexible tape in order to stimulate the somatosensory system and encourage healing. Kinesiology taping acts to lift the skin and create space for the muscle, fascia, ligaments and tendons to receive the circulation which they require to repair and heal.
- Manual Adjustment/Manipulation
- Chiropractors perform joint adjustments, also known as manipulations, in order to realign vertebrae and most other bones in the body. Chiropractors are experts in assessing and treating musculoskeletal conditions and the adjustment is one of their main tools for accurately correcting bony or joint misalignment. A chiropractic adjustment consists of a high velocity, low amplitude thrust which gently corrects the misalignment of the joint.
- Nutritional Counselling
- Proper nutrition is an essential component of complete health and for this reason your chiropractor may ask you to modify aspects of your diet. If your chiropractor concludes that your diet is not in balance they may make recommendations regarding avoiding certain foods and eating more of other specific foods in order to optimize your nutrition.
- Orthotics is a discipline of medicine which focuses on designing and prescribing a medical device which is used to improve a person’s posture and movement. The most common form of orthotics used by chiropractors is in the form of custom shoe inserts (or custom shoes) which are designed based on patient’s individual bio-mechanics. These orthotics help to correct gait imbalances and improve overall body ergonomics.
- Rehabilitative Exercise
- While many treatments exist for painful conditions, few are as pivotal to a person’s recovery as rehabilitative exercise. While your chiropractor will provide you with necessary treatments in their office, they will also likely recommend specific exercises aimed at aiding recovery and preventing reoccurrence. These exercises aim to strengthen the affected area, as well as strengthening supporting musculature, in order to optimize your recovery.
- Soft Tissue Mobilization
- Chiropractors have extensive training in soft tissue manipulation and mobilization. Your chiropractor will likely perform some soft tissue work on you if you are suffering with a painful condition or joint restriction.