Dr. Stephen Konkle, DC
"Your body is built to move - our goal is to get you moving better"
Remedy Chiropractic & Sports Injury Centre is downtown Ottawa's premiere choice for chiropractic, massage therapy, and physical rehabilitation.
Remedy Chiropractic & Sports Injury Centre
199 Queen Street
Report an issue with this profile
Areas of Focus
- Active Release
- Active release is a patented form of soft tissue treatment which was originated by Dr. P. Michael Leahy DC. This treatment treats muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia and nerves through a gentle but specific hands-on manipulation of these tissues. Through restoring free movement of the tissue, active release restores order and balance to the body and helps to eliminate pain.
- Interferential Current (IFC)
- Interferential current (IFC) is a treatment which involves application of low frequency electrical pulses to the region of an injury or pain with the goal of reducing pain and encouraging healing. IFC acts to quickly lessen pain, decrease swelling and decrease inflammation by interrupting pain messages which are transmitted through the nerves.
- Joint Mobilization
- Joint mobilization is a manual therapy which involves creating passive movement in a specific joint without the patient’s assistance. Your chiropractor may isolate your affected joint and move it through a specific range of motion in order to loosen any restrictions on it and to increase blood flow to the joint. These movements are typically gentle but can have a profound effect on the joint.
- Kinesiology taping
- Kinesiology taping is a rehabilitative treatment technique which involves the application of a supportive but flexible tape in order to stimulate the somatosensory system and encourage healing. Kinesiology taping acts to lift the skin and create space for the muscle, fascia, ligaments and tendons to receive the circulation which they require to repair and heal.
- Orthotics is a discipline of medicine which focuses on designing and prescribing a medical device which is used to improve a person’s posture and movement. The most common form of orthotics used by chiropractors is in the form of custom shoe inserts (or custom shoes) which are designed based on patient’s individual bio-mechanics. These orthotics help to correct gait imbalances and improve overall body ergonomics.
- Rehabilitative Exercise
- While many treatments exist for painful conditions, few are as pivotal to a person’s recovery as rehabilitative exercise. While your chiropractor will provide you with necessary treatments in their office, they will also likely recommend specific exercises aimed at aiding recovery and preventing reoccurrence. These exercises aim to strengthen the affected area, as well as strengthening supporting musculature, in order to optimize your recovery.
- Soft Tissue Mobilization
- Chiropractors have extensive training in soft tissue manipulation and mobilization. Your chiropractor will likely perform some soft tissue work on you if you are suffering with a painful condition or joint restriction.
- Although ultrasound is used as an imaging tool to visualize tissues within the body, it is also used for many other medical applications, including treating painful conditions. Ultrasound may be used by your chiropractor to speed recovery of an injury such as tennis elbow or plantar fasciitis, among many others. The result of ultrasound therapy is increased blood flow and reduced restrictions at the site of treatment, leading to improved recovery time.